The Finish Line :(The race For excellence)

"The race for excellence has no finish line."- Ronald Mapamula

He said this during one of our whatsapp conversations and it inclined me to write a poem.

The race for excellence is metaphorically time,
Always ticking; learning everytime that I'm scripting,
The recipe is rewritten everytime I'm in the kitchen,
That's why these lines have never been written,
That's why every cat was once a kitten,
Every actor learnt a routine before they closed the curtains,
Every painter knew the brush before he drew the patterns,
Critics surveyed wide before they could be blatant,
My animation skills used to be so latent,
Now I'm more creative and worthy to own patents,
Failures of my past, so far they seem ancient,
Nothing reaches perfect but I practice while I'm patient,
That's why it's not one generation that built the strongest nations.

4 comments:

  1. If u were born in ancient Greece, some of these lines would make it into classical philosophy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow thank you so much. I believe we all have that Socratic cell in us lol.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Excellence is ongoing, when i read your blog i learnt a few things.

      Delete

Please Leave your comments, compliments or criticism here.